Sometimes looking at art that reaches you is more of an energy boost than the strongest cup of coffee or a perfectly juicy peach.

It's something I don't know exactly how to explain. Being inspired by art. It's this feeling that reverberates throughout your entire body and makes your fingers tingle and your legs shake. It's difficult because it's not a feeling that's easily shared. (but then again are any feelings really easily shared...) I could try to talk about layers of colors and thick paint on canvases make me feel bubbly and a little bit crazy in the best possible way. I could try to talk about why watching videos of my favorite bands performing live makes my stomach do constant back flips while goosebumps raise up and down my arms.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. I'm just feeling insanely inspired and I wish I could explain it. I wish I could share this feeling with everyone I know.

I think I'm passionate about passion. In improvisation. In watching something unfold. In being able to see the person within their work. In process. In excitement to be doing the thing that you do. In being human. In allowing room for mistakes and half finished sketches or poems or songs. There's something insanely incredible about being able to see the person behind the finished product. It's something that makes the finished product a million times more amazing to see and hear and experience.

I don't know if anything I'm saying is making any sense at all, but I'll expand on these thoughts eventually. By the way these are all photos of paintings I saw at the l'Orangerie when I went to Paris last march. That was a good day for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment